McGee Farm creating family traditions since 1996. Its time for you to start your own family memories this season! Great times happen on the farm.
Schedule & Hours of Operation
Regular Fall Hours: Weekdays 3pm-6pm, Saturdays 10am-6pm, Sundays 1-5
Field trips by appointment only on weekday mornings.
The 2022 fall season runs October 1st through October 31st.
Spring Hours: to be announced
Spring season usually runs mid-April through mid-May.
- Regular Farm Hours pricing is as follows
- No admission charge to shop in the barn, kitchen or mums
- $3.25 per person for the real pumpkin patch and attractions (ages 2 to 102, ages 1 year old and under free, PUMPKIN NOT INCLUDED)
- $3.25 per person for the jumping pillow (all ages)
- $6.50 jump and patch (all ages, PUMPKIN NOT INCLUDED)
- $3 wagon ride ticket to the real pumpkin patch (optional to add to pumpkin patch admission, PUMPKIN NOT INCLUDED)
- Pumpkin prices start at $3 then larger sizes 45¢ per pound
- Field trips
- by appointment only
- $10 per person (students and parents) all activities and pumpkin is included.
- non participating babies under age 2 may accompany the group for free; no pumpkin is included
- Two teachers per class and bus drivers receive free admission.
Spring: No admission charge to shop the greenhouses and flowers. Hanging baskets $10 and container gardens $15. Other miscellaneous greenhouse items are also available for sale.
McGee Farm strives to create a safe family-oriented environment so we ask you to respect our rules and regulations that are in place. Anyone NOT following the rules or acting in any harmful or destructive manner will be asked to leave the property.
- Please always be courteous to others.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the farm.
- No pets are allowed other than certified service animals. Unfortunately we cannot allow any animals at all on the wagon ride due to safety issues.
- For everyone’s safety, all visitors must stay within any designated visiting areas. Fences are present for a reason.
- Be careful when you are walking around the farm. The ground is rough and uneven. We are not responsible for personal injury.
- Absolutely no alcohol, drugs, or persons under the influence of either are allowed.
- No profanity or inappropriate behavior.
- Please do not litter. Use the trash cans that are provided.
- We are not responsible for the loss of personal property.
- Everyone must exit the farm by closing time.
- All vehicles are to stay within the designated parking areas.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY PERSONS BEHAVING INAPPROPRIATELY OR BREAKING ANY RULES.
- ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
- WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN.
- All riders must remain seated while the wagon is in motion.
- No children riding without an adult.
- All riders must use steps to enter and exit the wagon.
- No jumping over the sides.
- No getting off the wagon during the ride.
- No smoking.
JUMPING PILLOW RULES
- All jumpers of all ages must purchase and wear an armband.
- Adults are responsible for their children at all times and are responsible to make sure their children follow the rules and any instructions from the monitor.
- Absolutely no flips or other inverted maneuvers.
- No rough play.
- Absolutely no holding small children in your arms. You may jump with them while holding their hands.
- Our jumping pillow is not recommended for babies or anyone with back problems.
- No smoking.
- No pets.
- Be prepared to listen to the monitor’s whistle or call in regards to safety on the pillow. The monitor and these rules are present for your safety and the safety of others.
We accept cash, checks and major credit cards as payment in the barn and in the Kitchen. Be prepared to show proper ID along with your card or check please.
Pictures are welcome and encouraged to preserve memories of farm visits. Please take photos without disturbing or moving the property of the farm as well as in a tasteful manner consistent with our family atmosphere. Professional photography sessions are allowed as a courtesy with paid admission; however we ask that the photographer and their clients patron the farm in other ways during their visit. McGee Farm does not endorse or affiliate with any particular professional photographers.
Other Helpful Things to Know
- Wear clothing appropriate for an outdoor activity especially shoes suitable for walking on natural farm terrain. Closed toed shoes are best.
- Check the weather forecast before you come. North Alabama weather can change rapidly!
- Bug spray and sunscreen are useful to use on the farm visit.
- Sack lunch picnics are allowed. No alcoholic beverages permitted.
- We do not limit visit times during our regular hours. Allow a minimum of 2 hours keeping in mind the weekend hours are the most busy.
- Weekday afternoons are much less busy at the farm. All the same activities are available weekday afternoons as on the weekends.
- The farm has accessibility for wheelchairs however keep in mind, being the farm, the terrain is not even. The restrooms are accessible for wheelchairs. Our wagon ride has steps.
McGee Farm is located at 8211 County Road 7, Florence, Alabama. Look for the signs! Directions from Florence: Take Cox Creek Parkway to Highway 17 N (Chisholm Highway). Go north on Hwy 17 for approximately 10 mile to the Zip City community. Turn Left on County Road 8. Go 3 mile to the 4 way stop and turn right on County Road 7. Travel 1 1/2 mile to the farm entrance on the left.